Benefits of Owning a Custom Leather Bag
Owning a customer leather bag brings a lot of benefits for you. Here are the most compelling benefits that will surely motivate you to order your bag today:
- Unique appearance: Having a custom-made leather bag means that you will have a bag that no one else can have. If you like to own the rarely available accessories that are not very common then the custom leather bag is the perfect fit for you. By defining your preference to craft the bag, you can create a unique appearance and design that no one else can have. This way you can enjoy the benefit of having a unique piece of leather bag.
- Personalized touch: Along with the unique appearance, customization offers you the ability to add your personalized touch to the bag. With the custom bag, you can translate your style into a bag that showcases the uniqueness of your personality. You can also add monograms or inscribe your initials on the bag to make it a true reflection of your identity.
- Aesthetic satisfaction: The greatest benefit of having a custom leather bag is the satisfaction you get that you have put your own aesthetics and artistic ideas into a practically carrying bag. The sense of pride and satisfaction you get by having your idea materialized and praised is great for your self-esteem and self-confidence. You can feel a sense of accomplishment whenever anyone praises the design of your bag.
- Symbolize luxury: Owning a leather bag depicts your high social class but owning a customized leather bag is enough to showcase your luxurious lifestyle. If you are conscious of maintaining a status symbol and stand among the crowd then a custom leather bag is surely for you as it purely symbolizes luxury.
- Perfect gift item: The leather bags with personalized touch make a great gift for your special someone, be it your spouse, parents, or a close friend. You can showcase your deep-rooted love and care with the personalized leather bag as it reflects the effort and concern you put into your gift. Custom leather bags depict a great gesture as you are giving away a high-end gift and that too with customization that will make it even more memorable.
- Durability: The longevity of genuine leather makes the custom bags a worthy investment. You can use the bag for years to come, so every penny spent on customization seems worth it. The ability to use the bag that you have put so much effort into for a long time makes it a beneficial decision to customize the leather bags.
- Talk of the town: Let’s face it, everyone wants to look different, unique, and attractive. Nothing makes you more attractive than owning a high-end customized accessory. Having a custom leather bag will make you the talk of the town. You will be able to turn heads wherever you go. Besides impressing people, the bag will also serve as a conversation piece as you will get all the compliments while carrying such a one-of-a-kind leather bag. The pride you will get by telling others that this is your design is priceless.
- Practicality: One of the great benefits of custom leather bags is that you can define the bag as per your own practical needs. You can dictate the type of leather, size, the compartments, the size of compartments, the number of zipped pockets, add/subtract outside pockets, and enjoy the liberty of other such decisions. This way you can get a bag that is tailor-made for your practical needs and usage. In other words, you get a bag that has the most practical value for you and makes it easy for you to carry the bag.
- Access to highly trained artisans: While getting your custom leather bag prepared by a renowned brand, you get access to highly trained artisans who can materialize your dream bag into reality. You can surely have your sketch in mind or on paper to show the artisans, but the professionals see it with another lens. By getting access to professional artisans, you can combine your personal preference and passion with their experience and aesthetic sense. It helps you craft a bag that is truly a work of art. Without the brand’s customization facility, you cannot get access to such trained craftsmanship and get the bag of your dreams.
- Attention to detail: Although leather bags are not mass-produced, when you craft bags in bulk, you fail to give attention to detail. Through customization, you can work on each minor detail with the designers and artisans. This way, you make sure that each part of the bag is designed in a way that is useful for you and looks great. It offers you the benefit of deciding on each minor detail of your bag so that you can enjoy a top-notch bag made with care and expertise.
Types of custom leather bags – purses, handbags, tote bags, briefcases, and more
Custom leather bags can be designed in any type of leather bag that is normally available in the market. Here are some famous types of leather bags (not limited to these types only) you can custom design as per your own needs:
- Purses: The small bags that are mostly used as handheld and can come with a small handle or a strap to carry. Customized leather purses are used to carry only a few personal items and can give you an elite look and luxurious appeal.
- Handbags: Larger than purses, leather handbags usually come with a strap and can carry personal essentials. They are versatile in usage as they look equally well when carried for office jobs, for a party, or even a special occasion.
- Briefcases: They are ideal for holding papers and documents in place to conduct business activities. You can get a custom leather briefcase to add a personalized touch and make a statement in the business world.
- Backpacks: It is an easy-to-carry bag that is usually carried on both shoulders and can offer room for useful accessories. You can customize the size as per your personal needs depending on how you want to use the leather backpack such as for hiking, studying, traveling, or any other purpose.
- Tote bags: These are large bags with sturdy handles that are spacious enough to hold plenty of items. You can get a custom-made leather tote bag to carry for study, traveling, work, or even shopping.
- Messenger bags: These are bags that can be worn as cross-body or can be hung on one shoulder. Messenger bags offer great space and compartments for laptops, documents, and other accessories. A custom leather messenger bag can offer you the chance to design the bag, compartments, and size as per your specific needs.
- Duffle bags: Large cylindrical shaped bags are called duffle bags that offer good space to hold things. Usually, duffle bag does not come with any compartments inside but the customization option gives you the freedom to design the bag as you please. The custom duffle bags can be great for carrying when you are planning a weekend trip, picnic, or even a gym class.
- Laptop bags: You can customize the leather bags designed to safely carry your laptop. Such bags come with a laptop sleeve and padding to protect the laptop from any probable damage. Customize the laptop bag as per the size of your laptop and other things you might want to carry (charger, keys, and other accessories) to make the bag extremely functional for you.
How to customize a leather bag
Wondering what process you need to follow to customize a leather bag? Here are the steps involved in getting your custom leather bag ready:
- Choose the style of the bag: Start by choosing the style of the leather bag. You can choose any style mentioned above and even the one that is not mentioned in this list depending upon your usage.
- Choose the right leather for your bag: Depending upon your personal preference, style of bag, usage, and budget you need to choose the right leather for your bag. The usual choices of available leather/hides are:
- Cowhide: It comes in a variety of colors, and is extremely durable and pocket-friendly. It is a good choice when you are low on budget and want to own a luxurious custom leather bag. Also, it is the most durable leather so if you want to use a bag daily then cowhide is the finest choice.
- Crocodile leather: It is very expensive leather but it comes with great benefits. The unique texture of crocodile skin makes it a great choice for having a unique and textured bag. This sturdy leather is resistant to wear and highly durable. The most fascinating feature is that it is a loved hide by fashion designers for accessories.
- Alligator leather: This is also an expensive leather and can even be more pricey than crocodile leather. The durability, elegant texture, and luxurious appeal make it a great hide for crafting leather bags.
- Ostrich leather: The unique quill pattern makes it a great option for distinctive designs. It is the best choice for leather bags if you want to have a lightweight and soft bag that offers a high-end luxurious appeal.
- Snakeskin leather: The visually appealing and unique pattern of snakeskin makes it a desirable leather for designing bags. But this leather is very delicate and demands care while using it to maintain its space and appeal.
- Select the leather type: After choosing the kind of leather for your bag, it’s time to choose the type/grade of leather depending on your personal favorite, budget, and durability needs. You can choose from:
- Full-grain leather: the highest quality leather that is most expensive, durable, and requires special expertise to craft.
- Top-grain leather: Comparatively affordable than full-grain leather and easier to handle. It lags behind full-grain leather when it comes to durability.
- Split-grain leather: This is the most pocket-friendly type of leather but it is not that durable and elegant in appeal.
- Finalize the color: It is important to finalize the color of the bag at this stage as per the kind and type of leather you have chosen. You can even choose two or three colors to design a bag with contrasting colors.
- Finalize the size: Finalize the size of the bag as per your specific needs, usage criteria, and personal choice.
- Finalize the hardware: Afterwards, you need to decide the hardware you want to add to your bag. It includes zips, buckles, and other such add-ons. You can choose from a variety of zips with varying sizes, styles, engravements, and other such features. As for the buckles you can choose from a variety of different sizes and styles. You can even choose to have leather or hardware handings on the bag.
- Personalized touch: To give a personalized appeal you can choose to have an engraving or embossment of your initials, name, or any such thing that is dear to you.
- Draft the design: After finalizing all aspects of the leather bags, you need to communicate with the artisan to draft the design. You can draft the design with the help of a pen on paper whereas some technologically advanced artisans can create a 3D visual animation of the design to show you a realistic picture.
- Finalize the order: You can make any necessary changes in the draft if you will until you are completely content with the design. Once you are satisfied with the draft, you can finalize and place the order and wait for the artisan to craft your personalized custom leather bag.
Factors to consider when choosing a custom leather bag
While getting your leather bag ready for a custom order, there are a few factors that you need to pay attention to. These factors ensure that you actually get the custom leather bag that you placed the order for with superior quality and all essential features. Some of the main features that you need to consider include:
- The brand is reliable and has positive market repute.
- The craftsmanship is up to the mark and possesses the desired experience.
- The quality of the leather (full-grain, top-grain, split-grain) you have chosen suits your bag usage
- The type of leather (crocodile leather, snakeskin, alligator leather, cowhide, ostrich leather) you have chosen is perfect for your bag usage.
- Stitching should be tight and even. Uneven and loose thread doesn’t give a flawless finish to the leather bag.
- The hardware used in the bag (zip, buckles, engraved monograms, etc.) is all flawlessly attached to the bag. Make sure that even the hardware is made of superior quality material or else it will come off and distort the appeal of your leather bag.
- The artisans keep you in the loop so that the leather bag is crafted as per your special instructions.
- The bag lining should be of a soft fabric to ensure that it won’t scratch your valuable belongings.
- The final product (custom leather bag) matches your personalized instructions.
Custom leather bag care and maintenance
Owning a custom leather bag is surely a pleasure, but with the bag comes the responsibility of taking proper care. You might already be aware that proper care can prolong the useful life of your leather bags. Considering that a leather bag costs a fortune and the additional amount paid for customization is also quite hefty, you need to take care of your bag to enjoy using it for the years to come. Maintaining your custom leather bag the way it deserves will make it look as good as new, even after years, and will make your investment a worthy decision.
Here are some tips to take care of and maintain your custom leather bag no matter which type and kind of leather bag you have:
- Protect the bag: As they say, prevention is better than cure. In the same manner, protecting your leather bag from harmful objects and things that might damage is the first step in taking good care. You need to protect the leather bag from excess water as it can put stains on the bag and can even dry it, which makes it crack. Along with this, you need to protect it from sharp objects as they can scratch the surface. You also need to protect the bag from any liquid that can spill on the bag and leave a stain.
- Regular cleaning: It is good to regularly clean your custom leather bag to wipe off any dirt or debris that otherwise will settle down on the surface of the bag. You can clean the bag with a soft, dry, and clean piece of cloth. If you feel that the dirt is not coming off, then you can use a damp cloth to thoroughly wipe the surface. Remember, cleaning is not necessary only when you are using the bag regularly. Even if you are using the bag occasionally but have not stored it properly, then it is a good idea to clean it every now and then.
- Proper conditioning: Leather can become brittle with time due to dryness, which can be settled by applying a good conditioner on the surface of a custom leather bag. Conditioner moisturizes the surface and keeps it supple. While applying conditioner, you need to make sure that you have bought the conditioner that is specifically designed for the kind of leather you have used in your bag. For example, buy a crocodile leather conditioner for a crocodile skin bag, an alligator leather conditioner for an alligator skin bag, and so on. Make sure that you thoroughly apply the conditioner all over the bag. It is best to follow the steps mentioned on the conditioner bottle to condition the bag the way it is meant to be.
- Adequate storage measures: Store the custom leather bag when it’s not in use to save it from any sort of damage. Proper storage ensures that the leather bag is as good as new. To store the bag, you need to keep it in a closet that does not have direct exposure to moisture or sunlight, as they both are quite harmful to leather bags. Ideally, you should store the bag while putting it in a good-quality dust bag. Also, don’t forget to stuff the bag with newspapers, paper towels, or tissues to offer it desired padding that will help to retain the shape of the bag.